Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2, 2012


This is a very special piece. It is a rosary that I made for my Goddaughter for her first communion coming this Sunday.  I used olivine cathedral beads because her birthstone is peridot, however olivine can be substituted. As it was for a rosary, i wanted it to be a little more mellow, and not so vibrant as the peridot would have been. It was my first rosary, and it was just a lot of fun to make for her.




Birds on a branch. The pendant is hand made. I start with paper clay, cut it, dry it, sand it, and then create a picture on it using variety of materials. This is a remake of a necklace I created about a year ago, and was created as a special order. The bead colors are the same, but the patterns are slightly different.




No comments:

Post a Comment